If you create a good headline, your task is more than half completed. It will be a relatively easy matter to write the copy. On the other hand, if you use a poor headline, it doesn’t matter how hard you labor over your copy because your copy will not be read.
So, practice your headline writing with these formulas for a good headline.
Each formula comes with several practical examples.
1. Begin your headline with the word “Introducing”
Introducing a new way to bridge the gap between…
Introducing [Brand Name]. A new generation of affordable [Service] for…
Introducing a new plugin for making your WordPress more secure
2. Begin your headline with the word “Announcing”
Announcing a new selection of…
An important announcement to homeowners
3. Use words that have an announcement quality
Finally, an exciting new look that isn’t retro anything
4. Begin your headline with the word “Now”
Now on home video
Now… learn both ways to…
5. Begin your headline with the word “At last”
At last—You can drive all over Europe with…
Finally professional flea control at a fair price
6. Put a date into your headline
Beginning May 1, incredibly low summer rates at the Miami resort
One day only. Sunday, August 8th. 10:00AM to 6:00PM
7. Feature reduced price
With up to $1,000 in options savings, it’s more attainable than ever [Auto]
Tank top. Now with the price of a coffee
8. Feature an easy payment plan
Order now… Pay after March 20
Only $2 a week buys this [New Product]
9. Feature a free offer
Free to brides… $200 to anyone else
Free plans for a clever Valentine’s Day party
10. Tell a story
They laughed when I sat down at the piano
How a fool stunt made me a star salesman
11. Begin your headline with the words “How To”
How to turn 40 without turning to biffocals
How to keep your husband home, and happy
12. Begin your headline with the words “Why”, “Which”, “Who Else”
Why these vitamins can make you feel peppier?
Which of these five skin troubles would you like to end?
Who else wants a kissable complexion within 30 days?
13. Begin your headline with the word “This”
This holiday season, stay away from your relatives
14. Begin your headline with the word “Because”
Because your pet’s quality of life is important to you
15. Begin your headline with the word “If”
If you savor growth and security, we give an edge
16. Use a testimonial-style headline
I was going broke—So I started…
17. Offer the reader a test
Can your kitchen pass the guest test?
Can your scalp pass the fingernail test?
18. Address your headline to a specific person or group
To a $25,000 man or woman who would like to be making $50,000
To car owners who want to cut gasoline bills
You too can beat the market
Your knee will thank you
19. Offer benefits through facts and figures
[Your-Brand] burns up to 79% more calories than ordinary treadmills
I hope you can find from the above list some inspirational ideas to start your headlines with. Can’t wait to see how you apply these formulas into your blog content creation!